Why Do We Experience More Acne In Winter?
In fact, there are a plenty causes of seasonal acne. Let’s consider the most common ones:
- Cooler and drier air makes our skin to protect itself via producing more sebum. The excess of sebum protects the epidermis from cold and wind and reduces trans-epidermal water loss. But negative effect of it is clogging the pores and triggering skin inflammation.
- Shortage of vitamin D, which weakens skin’s immune response.
- Harsh cleansing products (such as bar soaps), which are stripping the natural oils from the skin making it to produce more oils for to balance the dryness.
- Stress (depress your immune system and unbalance the hormone level) ;
- Your lifestyle choices including diet.
Winter Skincare Solution:
1. Use only mild cleansing products such as hydrophilic cleansing oils.
Example - Cleansing Oil with Clove Stem Oil and Vitamin E.
2. Remember to exfoliate your skin regularly with mild enzymatic peeling product. Do not use scrubs.
Example - Gentle Facial Peeling Gel With Natural Enzymes and Ginger Root Extract.
3. Use the products which stimulate regeneration, balance the sebum production and reduce inflammation.
Example (product on the picture) - Intensive Pore&Oil Control Serum with Willow Bark Extract, Retinol, and Tea Tree Oil.
4. Moisturize! If your skin is well moisturized, it produces less sebum.
✨ For a night - Moisturizing Cream-Mask with Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Shea Butter, and Collagen boosting peptides (apply a thin layer).
☀️ For the day - Intensive Pore and Control Serum, listed above or Eco-Balance Probiotic Radiance Cream (to boost your skin’s natural immune response).
To help your skin to produce more vitamin D and more effectively retain the moisture, apply Eco-Balance Prebiotic Serum underneath.